I suggest you ...

booby-trapped crates

Simple, just like Worms1 and Worms2, crates that explode when an misadvised worm step over it.

57 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DoraDora commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There could also be different kind of booby traps (but different than I already suggested).

If booby traps work like a crate with something in it, the explosion could be different depending on what's inside: a dynamite explosion with a booby trapped dynamite crate, a poison cloud explosion with a booby trapped skunk crate, and maybe more.

If a booby trap is like a crate with something in it, you could have the same but instead; the normal one would be common, a poison cloud rare, a dynamite blast one very rare, and maybe more.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Worms mayhem has some nice booby traps as well. Like health damage without a explosion. It would be nice.

• CyberShadowAdminCyberShadow (Admin, Worms Armageddon) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In 4.0 or whenever the new scheme format will be added, we'll make sure to add an easily-accessible "scheme comparator" feature. This will display the name of a scheme you saved closest to the host's scheme, and a full list of differences - so you'll be able to see such settings outright. Anyway, it would be a problem to add W2-like booby-trapped crates as an option then.

• FranpaFranpa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maz, maybe make the option appear in the game lobby under the scheme name like the other quick access functions?

• MazMaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

lnsanozuke, Archos: That's fine. I respect your opinions regarding this, and I usually support adding more flexibility to the game.

There are consequences with this decision, that go beyond choice. If a player forgot to check if it's turned on, collecting a crate could cost him the game, that's what I'm concerned about. But if everyone knows this option's on, go for it.

• ArchosArchos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If there's an option to turn it on, people who dosn't like it just need to let it off, right? I think it would be good to be implemented, since those who like have an additional option for their gameplay, without affecting the overall gameplay.

• InsanozukeInsanozuke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

maz... you should be able to CHOOSE if you want to ENABLE OR NOT the BOBBY TRAPS in the game... ¬¬
        it wold NOT DISRUPT the GAMEPLAY, because the DEFAULT SHOULD BE DISABLED.
        it wold be only another OPTION to add some FUN for THOSE WHO WANT.

I wouldn't mind health crates that occasionally could be booby trapped to do damage, but not explode or end a turn. The crate would always keep the worm with a minimum of 1hp.

Team17 removed booby traps from W:A because it disrupts the gameplay, turning the game more into pot luck. And T17 kept getting them while playing Worms2 online.

There would have to be a larger incentive to collect crates, such as better weapons more frequently, to make it worthwhile.

Feedback and Knowledge Base