Indeed. The first generation of Worms games had this feature.
I actually assumed this feature would be implemented, and implemented it into my xchat script when I first wrote it, the possibility of a game actually being specified in that message ;)
...Or just any time (since IIRC, the time/bounce is saved between shots, and even for different weapons the same values are used)
72 votesMuzer supported this idea ·
136 votesunder review · 22 comments · Worms Armageddon » Network and WormNET · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
the map is downloaded.
5) That map is kept in /SavedLevels and the checksum added to "checksums".
The best way of going about it would be to do this:
1) Make a file in SavedLevels called "checksums"
2) On each boot of W:A, find all new maps and grab the md5sums of them (or similar), add the md5 and the filename to the checksums file.
3) When the host hosts a game, his client sends out the md5sum of the map he is hosting
4) If the md5sum is in the checksums file, that map is loaded, else
I am changing my stance on this idea… when we switch to OpenGL/true color, adding some simple (optional) additional effects using OpenGL could be possible.
Will this still look good on W:A's limited palette?