I suggest you ...

more efficient menu layout

Allow to choose a map from User/SavedLevels directly from the menu before the game (without going into the map editor and loading the map)

72 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    WCzStruzakWCzStruzak shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DonMegaDonMega commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

not just of the selected map, but it goes through all the maps in the main \savedlevels\ folder doing something, as the amount of maps there has direct result to the load times.

anyway this would make hosting online much much faster as well because that's the most time consuming thing to open up the editor and browse for a map. some sort of search function would make sense too

• RodentRodent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this totally. Map editor is loaded slowly because it is loading/generating bigger view of selected map in editing area. I don't think that moving folder "saved levels" into main screen will cause any problems(I hope so because it's very good idea)

• DonMegaDonMega commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

won't that make it slower to load the menu then? since it always takes few seconds to get in the map editor thing. i could set the delay shorter by arranging the maps into several folders though (Roper, BnG, BnA etc), inside \User\SavedLevels\

• VaderVader commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If by this you mean the drop-down list in which the single-player levels appear then I wholeheartedly agree.

Feedback and Knowledge Base